Off Road Werkz

To Unite the 4 Wheel Drive Community in Ventura County California.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Ignition Switch Pin Failure on "04 - 06 Rubicon

Go down 
AuthorMessage
06Rubicon

PostSubject: Ignition Switch Pin Failure on "04 - 06 Rubicon   Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:41 pm

The ignition switch broke on my 2006 Rubicon Unlimited. More correctly, a small, pot metal shaft which engages a switch on the steering column broke. Unfortunately, this shaft cannot be ordered or replaced alone as it is part of the steering column assembly.

Even though I had a Chrysler Add Plus extended warranty on the vehicle, this part is not covered, and if you go through Jeep/Chrysler to for repairs, you must replace the ENTIRE steering column just for this little part. The steering column assembly is around $700 dollars.

Without going into the gory details of my plight, I suggest you watch this YouTube video and order the little part from the video author!!!!

The link is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8yNHl8odUs
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://s201.photobucket.com/albums/aa38/teetsup/Hungry%20Valley%
Fun4wheelerguy

PostSubject: Ignition Switch   Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:37 pm

Thank you Don,

That was an excellent video describing the problem and how to fix it without paying a ridiculous prices at the dealer. Now that I know, I will be ordering the parts and have them in stock for future problems. This will help many others.

Brett
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Ignition Switch Pin Failure on "04 - 06 Rubicon
Page 1 of 1