Off Road Werkz

To Unite the 4 Wheel Drive Community in Ventura County California.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Apache Canyon

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fun4wheelerguy

PostSubject: Apache Canyon   Wed May 21, 2008 10:49 am

I have made arrangments with Barbara - ( Forrest Ranger)

I am inviting all to Apache Canyon on Saturday June 7th for a maintenance run. We need pull the cables and reset the boundary areas for the campground. Afterwards I would like to camp there overnight so we can explore the area. There are several trails around there so lets find them and enjoy them !!!

This is a good start for enjoying wheeling this summer. Lets do a potluck that evening and sit around and talk about more runs that we can do in the future.

Brett
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tonyjeep2

PostSubject: Re: Apache Canyon   Wed May 28, 2008 9:36 pm

Tony and Diane will be there. Spike might come along too! Will make chili for the potluck. affraid
Back to top Go down
View user profile
::The Muffin Man::

PostSubject: Re: Apache Canyon   Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:41 pm

Any more info on when / where to meet? I'm not sure where Apache canyon is.
I origionally had another car meet @ California Speedway, but would much rather do somethig Jeep / Offroad involved.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fun4wheelerguy

PostSubject: Apache Canyon   Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:59 pm

Ok..........
We will meet at Mc Donalds in Ojai between 7am and leave there by 8am so we can eat and wait for others that are coming. We will be going over to the other side of Pine Mountain and past Ozena Ranger Station. About 4 to 5 miles later we will be at Apache Canyon. There is a 10 mile trail/river bottom until the Neddles Campground.

We will do some maintenance on the campground for a few hours. Then we can explore the rest of the day. We will have a potluck type dinner and sit around and get to know each other as 4 wheelers do. Then we will camp overnight and come home when we want to on Sunday.

Potluck
Tony and Diane - famous Chili (mmm Good stuff)
Brett and Michaela - Teryaki Chicken
Greg Axt -
Warren Schwarm -
anyone else ??
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Apache Canyon   Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:01 am

Ill run it by the wife, seeing that we have kids this weekend Im not sure if we will be able to do any camping, but the maintenance / trail run sounds great.

Edit: 6/6
Ill be there (the Green TJ). Help clean-up and do some wheeling, wont be camping unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lware19

PostSubject: could not make the trip   Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:32 pm

I was hoping to come up after some work I needed to do in the morning. However, My Jeep was not working and I didn't get done with my other chores until about 4pm. That would have put me up there about 5:30 which was the time I was hoping to leave and come home to get some more things done. I decided not to come. Instead, I got my Jeep started and worked on my sons Mustang to get it ready to drive on Sunday. I hope everyone had a good time - sorry I missed it. If I had come, I would have been driving my Corolla.

Larry Ware
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Apache Canyon   Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:56 am

Had a good time. A few pics here:

http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11475

We'll have to schedule another camping trip soon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tonyjeep2

PostSubject: Re: Apache Canyon   Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:51 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
06Rubicon

PostSubject: Had a Great Time - Thanks Everyone!   Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:20 pm

Thank you all for your hospitality, sleeping quarters (sorry 'bout that zipper BM), and some chow!!

Shucks, I'll go pull cable, drag trees, pick up trash, and chew out hell-raising youth any day with you all!!! lol!

Not only did I get to do something constructive, I got to meet new people. More importantly, I got to spend some quality time with my son. It just doesn't get much better than that!

Hope to do it again in the near future!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://s201.photobucket.com/albums/aa38/teetsup/Hungry%20Valley%
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Apache Canyon   

Back to top Go down

Apache Canyon
Page 1 of 1